Friday, May 20, 2011

World Record Holder...

Was going threw some old emails tonight and came across some dialog I had with Guinness book of world records.  Figured I'd share a fun story with yall. Here's a cool and somewhat odd story about my music career.

So back in 2007 I played a lot of gigs. I mean A LOT OF GIGS! I was playing seven nights a week and twice on Sat and Sun and occasionally Three shows in a day. In the entire year I had 9 days off. I was just a gigging machine. At the end of the year I was doing tax stuff and added up my gig count and it was around 400 gigs of 3-4 hours each.  Everyone I told about this (managers, agents etc) said they had never heard of this many gigs in a year and one day a buddy of mine suggested I check and see if it was some sort of a record. So I contacted Guinness book of world records to see if there was a record for shows in a year. The guy got back in touch with me and told me that some band had the record for shows in a year at 350-something gigs at 90 min each. Well I started to get excited as I just did 400 3-4 hour gigs. I started the paperwork to see if I qualified and the guy got back with me and informed me that because my gigs weren't all ticketed events that they did not qualify. So I sent the guy an email and thanked him and this is what he wrote me back.

"Sorry that we can't accept your application but between you and I, if you indeed did 400 shows of 3 hours this past year then you not only beat the record but you destroyed it. So enjoy the un-official world record for shows in a year"

I got a kick out of it and to this day I am proud to be the most gigging man on the planet!

Will play for food...

Early Rizzle

1 comment:

  1. This post made me giggle. I bet you probably have broken some other records too... shots of tequila perhaps?! Proud to say I know someone who is a world record holder ; )

    ReplyDelete